Find the Best Personal Loan for Your Needs
Lingo of A Personal Loan
A personal loan carries with it specific jargon to describe aspects of the personal loan. If you are not aware of these terms, you may feel insecure when applying for a personal loan. To raise your security, here are the most used terms when applying for a personal loan.
- Credit Score – Your average score determined by the three credit bureaus, Equifax, Experian, Transunion.
- Interest Rate – The amount you must pay alongside your personal loan minimum each month. This is determined on your credit score and the amount of the personal loan.
- Secured Loan – Secured loans require a form of collateral in the case that you stop paying your loan. This mostly occurs if you take out a loan above $25,000.
- Unsecured Loans – Unsecured loans do not require collateral. However, they will impact your score negatively if you default on payments.
Your Credit Score
With the average credit score in El Paso, Texas being 674, there are numerous options for all credit score brackets for people wanting to take out a personal loan. Most importantly, before applying for a personal loan, check your credit score and adjust any areas that may harm your chances of being approved for a personal loan. These areas include your credit utilization and outstanding debt. Also, if you have any discrepancies on your credit report, it is important to dispute it and inquire with the credit bureaus about the discrepancy. Although there are direct lenders for bad credit keep in mind the interest will be much higher.
Shop Around for The Best Lender
As another important aspect of applying for a personal loan, your lender will be the person in which you will be borrowing the money from. Therefore, it is important to get to know the financial institution or private lender you will be working with. Reading online reviews and visiting the lender in person are all important aspects of the shopping around process. To better prepare, below is a list of questions to ask a personal loan lender.
- What is my origination fee?
- What is my interest rate?
- How much does the interest rate total with the loan?
- What is the length of the loan?
- What fees are there if I am late, pay ahead of time, or pay by check?
Are Payday and Title Loans the Same as Personal Loans?
No not really. A payday loan, or cash advance, is easier to get and has a shorter term but higher fees and much higher interest than personal loans. This becomes even more true with installment loans for poor credit. The same is true for title loans with the addition of your car being used as collateral. Be very cautious with these types of loans.
Personal Loans in El Paso
Power Finance Texas
1900 George Dieter Dr, El Paso, TX 79936, USA
4.8 / 5 Stars
9155 Dyer St Ste D4, El Paso, TX 79924, USA
4 / 5 Stars
Alameda Loans Co
8840 Alameda Ave B, El Paso, TX 79907, USA
3.7 / 5 Stars
1700 N Zaragoza Rd #125, El Paso, TX 79936, USA
3.8 / 5 Stars
Christine has a solid background in personal finance as she spent the last eight years working at one of the biggest banks in the US. She managed her own team of financial advisors that helped hundreds of people with their financing needs. Her understanding of different financial products and loans helped her move up the ranks quickly after graduating with a degree in Business Administration.